Applicable form of Executive Clemency: Conditional Pardon
Eligibility: All inmates are eligible to apply.
Application Process: There is no formal, prescribed application form or process. To apply, a written petition should be sent to the Office of the Governor at:
Governor Lincoln D. Chafee
82 Smith Street
Providence RI 02903-1196
Phone: (401) 222-2080
The petition should include:
- A copy of the applicant's current BCI (official criminal history) report from the state(s) in which he or she resides or has resided.
- A full description of the underlying offense(s) for which the applicant is incarcerated.
- Copies of any official court documents regarding the disposition of the case, the duration of sentence, and the amount of time served thus far.
- Any information regarding conduct while incarcerated.
- Any other information that the applicant believes would be helpful in a determination.
Applicants are encouraged to present their most compelling arguments in support of their petitions. There are no formal deadlines and no time periods within which a petition must be considered or decided upon by the Governor. If granted, the conditional pardon may be revoked if any of the conditions are violated.
Every effort has been made to make this information accurate and up-to-date. Errors are inevitable and changes occur frequently. We would appreciate learning of any errors or inaccuracies regarding any information on this Webpage as soon as possible. Please write to email@example.com
Last Updated: 06.30.14